Wednesday 19 May 2010

STRAWBERRY LOVE CAKE.

So for my mum's 60th birthday, we organised a surprise party. And what is the point in a party without cake? One of my aunts is allergic to chocolate, and I didn't want to just do a plain sponge, so I made a strawberry sponge cake. I found a recipe online and altered it to my tastes and preferences, and I will one day either post it here, or in my future recipe book (which WILL happen)
I first did a test run with some little buns in my new silicone cases! Re-usable and such pretty colours. Mmm don't they just make your mouth water. I decorated them with cream icing, pink sugar and strawberry hearts (look how dirty my apron has gotten recently!)
Then was time for the cake! I filled the middle with strawberry jam, and cream and strawberries. I then put it in the fridge. Later, I decorated with cream icing, strawberry hearts, icing sugar and pink sugar.
I don't think I've ever been more proud of a cake. It's bloody beautiful, even if i do say so myself..


















No comments: