Saturday 22 December 2007

and something i need to remember..

(from the book i just mentioned)


"I DON'T HAVE TO BE COOL. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE SLENDER. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE TRICKY. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE SMOOTH. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE SILENT. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE LOUD. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE SLICK. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE HER. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE LOVED BY THEM TO BE OKAY. I DO NOT HAVE TO HOLD ON SO TIGHTLY. I DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE TO BE ACCEPTED. I DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR COVER-UP. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE COVERED UP. I DO NOT HAVE TO PREDICT. I DO NOT HAVE TO PREPARE (FOR THE PAIN). I DO NOT HAVE TO GRASP. I DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE ANSWERS. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE BETTER. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE COOL. I ONLY HAVE TO BE WHO I AM."

2 comments:

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...

have you ever read "the realm of possibility"? because it seems like a book you'd like, based on what you wrote there (which was really good). i don't know, just seems like something you'd like.